Summer Employment Opportunity, Conception Bay Museum
The Conception Bay Museum is an incorporated, not-for-profit tourism and heritage organization. Our mandate is to preserve and promote the history and culture of the Conception Bay North region. We are located in the Town of Harbour Grace and operate in close partnership with that Town.
We are seeking a Researcher/Writer for 35 hours per week at $11.40 per hour, for 9 weeks, to be funded under the Department of Canadian Heritage’s Young Canada Works (YCW) program.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic summer student to do research on a predetermined topic, under the direction of the Executive Committee and the Curator of the Conception Bay Museum. The research should result in a fully edited, written, digital presentation (or paper), using a format designed by the Conception Bay Museum.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Experience with academic research.
• Strong computer skills (social media experience would be an asset).
• Strong creative and organizational skills.
• Able to work independently and/or as part of a team.
• An interest in our local history would be an asset.
• Able to work from home, using own computer, internet, etc.
• Able to provide an up to date RCMP Certificate of Conduct.
Deadline for Applications: Friday, June 5, 2020.
Please ensure that you meet the YCW requirements before applying. Visit the YCW site before applying: https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/funding/young-canada-works/students-graduates/questions-students-graduates.html
Our Board ensures Covid-19 safety measures will be practiced and enforced. Please submit Resume, Cover Letter, and the names of three references to: Patrick J. Collins, Chair, via email: email@example.com
Please use the following subject title when sending applications: [YOUR NAME] – YCW APPLICATION – CONCEPTION BAY MUSEUM