Pictured: The Greyhurst property, ca. 1910. The home of Dr. William Allan, the Greyhurst was located just directly east of Doctors Lane, a small route connecting Water St and Harvey St, next to the Aero Tennis Club – Newfoundland’s oldest. The lane was presumably named for its proximity to Allan’s home (or, alternatively, to the nearby property of Dr. William Archibald Stirling).
The Soper family purchased the home in the 1954, constructing a service station on Harvey St, directly behind the property. The house was torn down in 1955.
Photo courtesy MUN’s Digital Archives Initiative – Geography Collection.